RSS

May 21, 2011

Venice Part 1


First off I would like to put a shout out to Cecilia. She is the one responsible for the start of this design. To me this is the most beautiful design Martina has ever done, also this is the most challenging thing I have EVER stitched! The backstitching was BRUTAL! Martina paid attention to the detail and as you can see the detail is amazing in this design. I am sorry that I am unable to capture the true beauty of this design but I believe it would be impossible. Now I have started Chinese and it is coming along a bit slowly but there is consistent progress and I will post when I get my parts done. I am going to let Joyce work out all the kinks for me......LOL!
I would also like to say that I have so much enjoyed seeing everyone's works here. You have been so inspiriring.
That is my little girl Lucy laying on my lap under there. She is such a sweetheart.

12 comments:

wendy111 said...

Soozie, what a gorgeous start. I have the pattern and I just loved watching Cecilia grows. It is just beautiful. One day I will do this one, just not yet

Maria said...

Hi Soozie, lovely progress so far! I agree that this is the most beautiful!! I've just bought the kit and I am planning to start in the next couple of months.

Isabelle said...

You made a wonderful start on your Venice mandala : great stitching !!

ridgeback_rose said...

Wonderful!!!!!
I have my material for Venice ready.... but all the partial cross stitches still kept me off....

Nicnac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joysze said...

There's the beauty!!!!!! Man, it's gorgeous. :D

Heidi said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Soozie said...

Maria I would WELCOME the company! You can do it ridgeback rose!

Rachel said...

Wow, that is so gorgeous! The detail is amazing :)

Angie said...

Lovely stitching so far.

z3mom said...

That center is drop-dead GAWJUS! You could frame that alone and it would be a knock-out!

Andie said...

Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous and one of my faves! Looking forward to watching it grow!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.