RSS

June 10, 2013

My first ever Chatelaine

Lookee!!!! I came across a picture of my very first Chatelaine! It was back in 2003 and I had just found Martina's things on the web. She didn't have very many things out at that time, but everything she had was sooooo beautiful. I was so in awe. Gosh, did I get an education when I stumbled across that master. I never knew about variegated threads. Or anything about fancy stitches, like Algerian Eyes or Smyrnas mixed into cross stitch. I never heard of Rainbow Gallery, not the beautiful sparkly braids. I never knew about the Delica beads. Ohhhhhhhhhh wow. My mouth just hung open. lol Oh, and "oh wow" was also my thought when I bought that first kit. $65. REALLY???!!! (LOL, I wish they were all that price) I had no idea the kit would be so expensive when I came across the European Cross Stitch booth at the CATS stitching festival, back in 2003) As you might see, I did not spend the extra money on the specified basket, but found one at the local import store. Because the top of my picnic basket was so much bigger, I mirror imaged the top design. I also stitched all the other pieces, I was so excited about my new kit!

3 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely finish :)

Isabelle said...

Your finish is lovely, Narita ;

Susan said...

Very pretty finish. I found Martina's designs right about the same time you did and have been hooked ever since.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.