RSS

September 23, 2014

A Past Finish and Progress on SVG

Now where have I been? I know I check in here every week or two and see what great stuff everyone is up to, but I don't seem to have posted here when I finished Beaded Dragonfly Tile! In my defense, work has been absolute chaos since my boss announced his imminent retirement, and then all the fun of getting my baby to the first day of his last year of high school - and well, it's almost the end of September now, so yeah, I'm a bit behind.... :)

Anywho, here is my completed Dragonfly Tile, which I put the very last bead on on 7/25/14 (see how late I am??)

Completed on 28ct black jobelan, with the as-charted threads, except the inner border that was supposed to be black, I changed to the Caron Waterlilies. And here's a detail shot of the bling:

My eyes were happy to be done with the black fabric, and then I moved on to other things. But then, a couple of weeks ago, after struggling with the beads on GP Witches Wheel (boy do these delicas have me SPOILED), which did get finished, and then a bit of time on BR Celtic Banner, I heard Secret Victorian Garden calling my name; I've seen lots of WIP photos of it in the last few weeks, as though I needed more convincing :)

I am working parts 6 and 7 together, one quarter at a time. Here is the week before last's progress, the Top house:

My SVG is on 28ct Pewter jobelan, using all of the called for fibers & beads. Here is the overall as of this past Sunday, when I completed the Left house, too (apologies, I cannot seem to flip the image :( ):

I plan to continue on with SVG this week and next, hopefully having parts 6 & 7 completed. Then it will get put up and I'll move on to something else - I have 2 more projects that I WANT to finish by the end of the year, so I better get cracking!

Happy Stitching, everyone!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

SVG looks great! I love the close-up of the house :)

Stitching Noni said...

Wow, your tile looks great! Well done :)
SVG is lovely. Can't wait to see more of this one
Hugs xx

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.